The Student Executive includes the following positions:
- Head Girl and Head Boy
- Board of Trustees Representative (elected in the previous year)
- Academic Captain
- Sports Captain
- Arts Captain
- 4 x House Captains
- Komiti Maori
- Komiti Pacifika
- International Student Representative.
Komiti Maori, Komiti Pacifika and International Student Representatives are elected through their respective Committees.
Key Generic Tasks
- Work closely with Ms Mills, Deputy Principal on all matters relating to the Council.
- Attend all Executive and Council meetings.
- Liaise with designated staff in particular areas Eg Arts, Academic, Sports to actively promote and organise specific events.
- Have a designated area of responsibility e.g. Year Level Group, publicity, environment, health and safety, social events.
- Report to the Council Executive on activities.
- Student Representative at school functions, events and public events.
Personal Qualities: your ability to
- Uphold the motto and rules of Newlands College to the highest level.
- Speak fluently and professionally in public situations.
- Lead and manage groups of people.
- Delegate tasks.
- Manage a variety of tasks at one time.
- Have good time management skills.
- Be organised.
- Be proactive (think of new things and opportunities).
- Tuesday 7 – Friday 10 February – Call for nominations.
- Friday 10 February – Nominations close at 3.30 pm
- Monday 13 February – Meet all candidates to go through procedure for assembly.
- Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 February – Candidates speak at assembly (Alphabetical order. 30-45 secs. No put downs, inappropriate slurs etc.)
- Thursday 16 February – Voting in Form Time
- Friday 17 February – Meet all candidates and advise those to be interviewed. Hand out prepared question and interview time sheet.
- Monday 20 February – 1.00 pm onwards – Interviews – advise outcomes to candidates.
- Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 22 February – Assembly – announce Executive to school.
– Ms Mills (Deputy Principal)