This morning we talked about learning with the Form Teachers and some other teachers that have things to do with our year group as part of the Thursday morning staff Professional Learning. Some of the came up:
- We talked about succeeding as Maori students
- Incorporating Maori culture and language into our learning
- How whanau support is really important as well as well as learning with others
- Making people aware of tikanga Maori and tapu – Maori cultural procedures and things you don’t do (like sitting on tables and sleeping pillows)
It was a great opportunity, and we are looking forward to celebrating Matariki through sharing a hangi with the school on Friday.
– Sturgis Ngatai, Chantel Gates, Shanlon Robertson & Ian Murray