Year 12 is an important year for planning ahead. Not everyone needs to know exactly what they are going to do when they leave school, but exploring possibilities and having options will help each learner make the most of their remaining time at Newlands College.
Our Careers and Transition department has two important staff members: Ms Featherstone (the careers’ advisor and teacher of the Gateway course) and Ms Mulholland (transition administrator and convener of the STAR and Gateway courses). We have had many posts from the department in the past usually around subject choice including:
- Y10 subject choice advice
- Dean’s Assembly – Y11 subject choice
- Last minute Y11 subject choice advice
- And finally the recent career survey post (note there are still people that have not completed this survey and it is vital! It helps us to assign STAR courses and address career concerns and questions).
Some things that could be of interest:
- Careers website on facebook – ‘like’ the page and stay up to date with the opportunities that the department offer!
- Make an appointment with Ms Featherstone in A2 to discuss your future plans
- And as always, the Careers NZ website offers a plethora of information.