By now every Year 11 will have probably sat at least one exam. This post is simply going to act as a reminder of many of the things that have come before to ensure that the study process is remaining as positive as possible.
- Sleep! Remember advice for getting quality sleep and ensure you are getting 8 hours regularly during the exam period to be at your optimum.
- Attend the NCEA exams on facebook. There are some great study tips being posted on the the event page as well as some supportive reminders and messages.
- Study in chunks. Research tells us that studying in 20 minute intervals and taking 5 minute breaks is mot effective. Download a study alarm app to help!
- Previous posts on setting up study, study spaces, how to study, specific strategies like mnemonics and mindmaps.
- In the exam make sure you are organised and ready to face the exam. Here’s a previous post on ‘in the exam’ advice.
Furthermore, don’t forget the Level One Study Hub which is a collation of all your subjects and the places you need to go for revision. Also your teachers are still resources, and getting in touch with them with specific questions could also be helpful to your revision.
But most importantly…