Senior Prizegiving is on Monday 2nd November at 7pm. Please ensure you are in full school dress uniform. That is, all students must wear a blazer, tie, girls to wear tights and boys to wear trousers. Students are asked to be seated in the front of the hall by 6.50 pm. A refreshment will be available in the staffroom at the conclusion of prizegiving. Parents/ Caregivers have been invited via invitation.
Next Week is Tutorial Week. See this previous post for more information.
NCEA Exams commence from the . See this previous post for more information including a timetable and room allocation. Last minute tips:
- CHECK YOUR TIMETABLE & DO NOT FORGET TO TURN UP – no second chances.
- Wear school uniform. Always wear school uniform when visiting the school during the examination period.
- Take your admission slip to each exam.
- If you lose your admission slip go to the school office before the exam.
- Turn up at least 20 minutes before the exam is due to start.
- If you are late, get to school as soon as possible. You can enter the exam up to 30 minutes late.
- Paper, written material and electronic dictionaries are NOT permitted.
- Your cellphone and wallet need to be in a clear plastic bag and placed under your seat in the examination.
- Make sure you can log in to the NZQA website as results are no longer posted automatically.
- If you are unable to sit an exam, contact Mr South. He will give you a form to fill in. If you are unable to sit due to illness, then the form must be taken to you GP on the day of the exam.
Clearance is to occur on Tuesday 1st December, from 1 pm in the library. Mufti may be worn. All textbooks, library books, sports gear and material given to you on loan throughout the year are to be returned on this date. Any outstanding payments are also to be paid on this date.
The Careers/Transition department continue to be available until the end of the year. If you are uncertain about your next steps appointments can be made with Ms Featherstone and Ms Mulholland in A2 to discuss future career options, help with applying for jobs or CV writing. Make an appointment before you leave or ring 474 1335.
Course Confirmation occurs for every student at the beginning of 2016. You must attend before recommencing school next year. This occurs in the library at the following times. Mufti may be worn.
Wednesday 27 January
- 10.00 -11.30 am – Surnames A-D
- 12 noon -1.30 pm – Surnames E-K
- 2.00 – 3.30 pm – Surnames L-N
Thursday 28 January
- 9.30-11.00 am – Surnames 0-S
- 11.30am-1.00 pm – Surnames T-Z
Any questions or any clarifications – do use the comments on this post. The blog will continue to post relevant information and catch up on some missing posts. The School Website can also be consulted for more information relating to school matters.